Thursday, June 16, 2011

Everybody Quits--Someday!

When discussing smoking cessation with patients, I often have a simple argument. For my business, smoking is good. Smokers are major percentage of my patients. To stay busy, I ought to promote smoking.

However, my oath is to do the best for the patient. Therefore, it is imperative that I get my point across how important smoking cessation becomes in reducing future morbidity for the individual.
Most improtantly, I impress on the patient that EVERYBODY QUITS.....SOMEDAY.
Some quit after they die--THIS IS TOO LATE.
Some quit after cancer affliction--THIS IS ALSO LATE.
Some quit after a heart attack or heart surgery--Better late than never.
Some quit when the doctor tells them to--Good choice.
Some never start--BEST CHOICE.

This approach has helped me achieve significant success in getting patients to stop smoking.


No comments:

Post a Comment